Sunday, March 6, 2011

Autobiographical Internal/Private World: Painting

For my mapping experience of my life from birth to present and beyond I want to do a painting, it's an art form which i hate to take apart of but appreciate from distance. By working with paint and getting use to it i can probably learn to like it and get better with it.

Locations:
Houston, in and around the area...I lived in a few places around the city, spent the longest of which in Highlands, TX for middle and high school at Chinquapin School (boarding school for basics)
Living a boarding school was fun and exciting, for my particular school, staying up all night with the guys watching movies and eating junk food or planning a kitchen raid or having wrestling matches not caring that we have laps and homework due the next morning.

Relationships:
I have gained so many friends from Chinquapin, knowing that we can stay in touch with each other, thanks to facebook. The strongest bonds that I have my Fantasic Four homies: Angel, Jose and Juan (I'm the fourth). Starting middle and high school together they were what kept me strong. 

Things said to you:
When i was younger, I asked my grandma "why i had to go school". Her reply was "to take care of granny". She said "you have to go to school, school, school, school, school, school, school and school and then college, college, college and college after that you get a job and you take care of granny". She repeated "school" and "college" to get across to me that I to go to them that many years, hand gestures were involved to get the point across. I was a little kid at the time she said this to me and didn't understand why I had to go to school while she and other people went to work. 

Educational Experiences:
I've already mentioned about the Fantastic Four and experiences at Chinquapin
Texas Southern University- Before coming to Sam Houston State, I attended Texas Southern. Being there was the first time I was around other people who had the same interest and inspiration in art like myself. 
Sam Houston State University- while at TSU I told myself I wanted to make art my life, a career out of it. Coming here I plan to follow that idea.
Experiences of Joy/Belonging:
I spent a few weeks in Maine with the Angel and Jose. We wanted to do something over the summer together. We went Darrow Wilderness Camp for three week, we did everything they offered. Kayaking, canoeing and mountain climbing. The part of the trip that I experienced the most joy/ belonging just being with the guys knowing we got the chance to be away for the South and have such an amazing time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment