Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photo Lecture Assignment

Sophie (dog) and Amy by Me
A) The Purpose of the picture is to show "cuteness". My friend Amy had fallen asleep at a and Sophie climbed on top of her and did the same thing. I choose this picture because I don't have many picture that I have actually take of other people.
B) Me and Amy are friends. The picture is taken as a sense of humor. The subject isn't aware of the the picture being taken
C)The photo is intended to be view in a "cute" moment, meaning look at the cuteness of it. I can be looked at for hours or a few minutes. No

Some Guy climbing a Mountain taken by Someone I don't Know
A) The photo sort of looks like an advertising ad for Nike maybe. A friend sent it to me because they heard of the assignment
B) The relationship came seen as the guy being almost to achieving his goal and the photographer capturing that moment. The angle of the picture influences it the most, showing the full body and the guy working his way up the mountain face gives the photo power. The subject seems to be saying to the photographer "check this out", as he climbs.
C) It's intended to be viewed as is. I could be for mountain climbers or just the general public. Taking in the photo for a few seconds would get the point across. I won't remember the photo in 10 years

Me taken by Jacquelyn
A) We were at camp having a Carnival Night. I was a Camp Counselor and my cabin of kids choose me to throw water balloons at. Jacquelyn took it because the water and the girl who has a pitcher's arm were a shock to me; also to capture the memory of another great summer at camp. I chose it because I like to remember the days of being at camp now, with summer being so close near. I haven't seen Jackie (her nickname) for a few months.
B) Her and me are friends, it was a fun time, being cold and covered in water. The picture is a show for laughs and memories. The photo does look as if it was taken in the moment of things going on around the scene, for example the body shot of someone in the foreground. Jackie is capturing the moment to show what has taken place, the situation of everything. My attitude towards her is surprised that there was a photo taken of me wet.
C) The photo is intended to be viewed as sort of a series of camp events, a scrapbook of summer camp. Showing the good times, full of fun, excitement, memories and joy. It can be viewed by anyone and everyone with an explanation because the scene within the photo doesn't tell you what is going on at all. I would remember it in 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment